Reliable groove reading, accurately articulating the most delicate music signals pressed on vinyl
LUXMAN’s latest phono cartridge is the LMC-5. After 40 years’ experience, our aim was to design it to have sensitivity to all the musical information pressed on a record. The MC type power generation engine features a cross-mounted iron core with a compact magnetic system to improve efficiency. For the vibration detection system, we selected a combination of an aluminum cantilever and a SHIBATA stylus, which boasts excellent tracing ability. In addition, the unique housing structure was achieved by repeated prototyping and fine tuning. We have developed this cartridge with confidence for all those who love vinyl and value its musicality.
Stylus and power generation engine
- LUXMAN has consistently designed components for vinyl playback such as our PD series analog players and our E/EQ phono equalizer amplifier series. After a development period of 2 years, the LMC-5 is LUXMAN’s first original cartridge in 40 years. For the stylus, in order to read the musical information pressed on the record accurately and reliably, we selected a combination of an aluminum cantilever with high tracing ability and a SHIBATA stylus to pick up a large amount of information with less audible noise. In order to secure the fulcrum of the vibration system, a low distortion structure has been realized by using the one-point “piano wire” support method. The MC type power generation engine uses a cross mounted iron core with the coils for the left and right channels wound symmetrically. Adopting a magnetic structure with a small field area reduces the intrusion of external noise. We have achieved significant size and weight reductions.
Body structure and design
- From our experiences with closed body designs, the coil and cantilever can act like a microphone, picking up the reflected sound, therefore reducing the enclosure results in less sound coloration. In order to prioritize weight reduction and resonance countermeasures, the housing is crafted down to a minimal design which still firmly supports the power generation engine. The minimized outer chassis has an inverted egg-shaped curve that suppresses unnecessary reflected sound and vibrations. The machined aluminum body is anodized to a deep red, which is LUXMAN’s corporate color, and with the L mark logo laser-etched on the front, it subtly asserts LUXMAN’s identity. Each one is carefully assembled by our team of craftspeople, the best in Japanese cartridge manufacture, and delivered to music lovers, worldwide.
Replacement of stylus tip
- This unit has a fixed stylus tip. If you wish to replace it due to wear on the stylus tip over time, please consult with the store where you purchased it or contact your local LUXMAN distributor.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]