The Hydra Alpha A12, part of our Performance Line of power distributors, delivers a legitimate wonder of design innovation by incorporating Shunyata Research’s most exclusive technologies within a product platform so affordable, so beautifully crafted, that it is unmistakable in its price category.
With twelve-outlets, the Hydra Alpha A12 is large enough to power entire systems, yet affordable enough to suit almost any budget or application.
Replete with the same patented science, custom parts and objective noise reduction that made the Triton v2 and Hydra Denali models famous, Hydra Alpha A12 delivers this technology in a stunning, yet affordable package.
Based on objective performance and hand-crafted quality, Hydra Alpha A12 is destined to become one of Shunyata Research’s most iconic products.
DTCD® DESIGNED (Dynamic Transient Current Delivery)
- The Hydra Alpha A12 was designed using Shunyata Research’s DTCD® analyzer. DTCD® Analysis measures instantaneous current through extremely low-impedance electrical conductors and contacts. Shunyata Research uses it to optimize the design and performance of our power conditioners and power cabling.
CCI™ NOISE REDUCTION
- Traditional power conditioners are designed to block incoming noise from outside the home but do not address the noise that is generated by the electronic components themselves. In fact, most conditioners reflect noise back into other components connected to the power conditioner. CCI™ (Component-to-Component Interference) is one of the most significant but often overlooked aspects to power system performance. Shunyata’s CCI™ filter consists of a proprietary multi-stage filter that reduces electrical noise and power supply generated interference.
NIC™ NOISE REDUCTION
- The NIC™ (Noise Isolation Chamber) is a patented technology that reduces high frequency power line noise. NICs™ use ferroelectric substances that actually absorb high frequency noise. This allows the Hydra Alpha A12 power distributor to reduce noise without any of the negative interactions associated with conventional power conditioner designs.
[ US Patent: 8,658,892 ]
GP-NR NOISE REDUCTION
- When it comes to reducing noise, engineers focus primarily on the AC electrical lines, with little thought given to the ground lines. The incoming ground line and the internal power conditioner ground plane can actually act as antennae, drawing in electrical noise that may interfere with the operation of the connected components. Ground Plane Noise Reduction is a proprietary technology developed by Shunyata Research to significantly reduce interference caused by this phenomenon, thereby providing a more pure audio experience.
ZONES OF ISOLATION
- The Hydra Alpha A12 features six zones of isolation. The Hydra Alpha A12 (US, AS, EU) is configured in such a manner that each duplex is individually isolated. The Hydra Alpha A10 UK model also features six zones of isolation, with four isolated duplexes and two individually isolated outlets. This design principle provides for a high level of noise isolation while delivering exceptional audio and video performance.
HIGH CURRENT CAPABILITY
- The Hydra Alpha A12 is rated at a full 20 Amps of continuous current (16 Amps on EU model), ensuring unfettered power delivery to complex entertainment systems, including those with high-powered amplifiers. Advanced electromagnetic breakers in addition to massive buss and 8-gauge ArNi® conductors provide exceptional dynamic contrast and bass impact.
HYDRAULIC ELECTROMAGNETIC BREAKER
- Common power conditioners use fuses or thermal breakers for over-current protection. When heavily loaded, they may cause voltage drops, increased contact impedance, thermal noise, excessive heat generation, and current-limiting effects. The Hydra Alpha A12 uses a more advanced solution called a hydraulic electromagnetic breaker that operates right up to the maximum current rating without the limitations of fuses or thermal breakers.
- The US and Asian model Hydra Alpha A12 power conditioners include Hubbell outlets that use a triple-wipe contact system and have broad contact areas to grip a plug from three different sides, providing superior electrical integrity. Hubbell outlets feature a solid brass back-strap that ensures a reliable ground connection that may reduce noise and hum. The Hydra Alpha A12 EU and Hydra Alpha A10 UK employ mains sockets that feature copper alloy contacts designed to accept large-gauge conductors.
CABLE CRADLE SUPPORT SYSTEM
- The Hydra Alpha A12 includes Shunyata Research’s unique solution to the problem of heavy high-end power cables. The Cable Cradle supports the weight of the power cables, preventing them from pulling away from the outlet. This system is designed to ensure reliable and secure electrical connections.
- The Cable Cradle is only available on US and AS models
- Shunyata Research has developed a proprietary line of ArNi® conductors. They are made from certified OFE C10100 (Certified ASTM F68) copper. The wire strands are arrayed in a unique hollow tube VTX™ geometry that reduces skin effects. ArNi® conductors are treated with Shunyata Research’s exclusive Kinetic Phase Inversion Process (KPIP™) for a period of 8 days.
- Mechanical vibration can be very destructive to system performance. The Hydra Alpha A12 was designed from its inception to include advanced forms of vibration control that improve the recovery of subtle musical detail and nuance. All chassis panels and internal structures are treated with vibration-dampening materials. The outlets are individually isolated from the chassis with vibration-dampening gaskets that reduce vibration conducted through the AC cables. All internal modules, filters, and electronics are encapsulated in a vibration-absorbent compound.
KPIP™ “BLACKBIRD” PROCESSOR
- Each Hydra Alpha A12 is treated with Shunyata Research’s proprietary Kinetic Phase Inversion Process (KPIP™). The KPIP™ dramatically reduces burn-in time and significantly improves sonic performance.
- Many of the electrical components in the Hydra Alpha A12 are treated in Shunyata Research’s own advanced computer-controlled cryogenics lab. Further cryogenic treatment of the unit is strongly discouraged, and will void your warranty.
- The Hydra Alpha A12 comes standard with Shunyata Research’s vibration dampening-footers. Power distributors react very similarly to amplifiers in relationship to floor-borne vibration. Shunyata Research’s footers were specifically designed to reduce vibration from the supporting platform.
- The footers may be optionally upgraded to SSF-50 stainless steel footers. After researching multiple forms of energy dissipation methods, Shunyata Research developed the SSF-50 to provide the performance characteristics of an expensive after-market isolator but at a fraction of the cost.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]