Not everyone sees hi-fi as we do. For us, a smooth, stable, low-noise power supply isn’t just desirable: it’s fundamental to proper hi-fi performance. Nowhere is that belief more clearly exemplified than in our reference 555 PS DR, the best power supply in our portfolio.
Originally designed to partner our world-class CD555 CD player, the 555 PS can also be used with our ND 555, NDS, NDX and NDX 2 network players, our HDX hard disk player/ server and our DAC digital to analogue converter as well as the CDX2 CD player. Whatever Naim Audio product it partners, the 555 PS DR will improve every aspect of your favourite music. Voices and instruments become clearer and more natural. Perceived dynamic range increases too, while timing – music’s fundamental sense of rhythm and accuracy – snaps into even greater focus.
- Seven regulated supply voltages, including a separate supply for the CD555 clock circuit
- Low-resonance case with isolating feet
- Massive transformer, 40 percent larger than that fitted to the XPS
- Supplied with Power-Line mains cable as standard
- All-new Discrete Regulator (DR) configuration, delivering Naim Audio’s best-ever standards of stable, low-noise power
The 555 PS benefits from both our decades of experience and our relentless pursuit of superior sound quality. Its massive transformer, some 40 percent larger than that fitted to our XPS power supply, features five separate windings outputting to seven regulated supply voltages, including an output specifically intended for use with the clock circuitry of our CD555.
The 555 PS was updated in 2012 as a result of a two year project to develop a new discrete regulator (DR) for Naim Audio power supplies. The new Naim Audio DR now features, alongside improvements to the wire routing, mechanical decoupling and internal layout. These enhancements, developed through intensive listening tests, significantly raise performance and make music even more communicative and enjoyable.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]