In the same way every musical performance needs a stage so a Hi-Fi needs a stage to bring the music to life in your home. More than twenty years ago Quadraspire set out to develop a modular rack – the Q4L – that could support a variety of Hi-Fi systems and deliver acoustic performance with style. This was achieved by combining solid aluminium columns with specially engineered shelves to create a light and rigid construction to deliver a clearer, cleaner musical performance.
It is commonly accepted that every component in a Hi-Fi system from Amplifier to Source including Turntables, CD Players & Music Streamers are microphonic and produce resonance that will distort the quality of the music reproduced by a Hi-Fi system. This distortion can be significantly reduced by siting the Hi-Fi system on a purpose built equipment rack designed to deal with these resonances. The design of a Hi-Fi rack and the use of materials in its construction is critical. To develop their Hi-Fi racks Quadraspire use the tried and tested technique of tuning by ear in the same way as the finest musical instruments are developed. From extensive research they found that the use of non-ferrous metals such as Aluminium and Bronze along with natural materials such as Wood and Bamboo reduce resonance. Furthermore the shape of the shelves and columns used within the rack will determine how resonance is treated. In particular Quadraspire found that a light but rigid construction delivers a clearer, cleaner musical performance.
Quadraspire’s first Hi-Fi rack – the Q4 – was launched in 1995 and met with unparalleled success around the world. Since its launch Quadraspire have sought to further improve performance most notably with the introduction of engineered channels in the reverse side of the shelves. This evolution led to renaming the Hi-Fi rack “Q4 EVO”. The increase in sound quality wasn’t subtle and has kept Quadraspire at the forefront of Hi-Fi rack design and performance.
Q4L Shelves: The Q4L is exactly the same as a Q4 EVO except that the depth of the shelves have been increased from 395mm to 470mm which better suits larger components.
Q4L Columns: Q4L Columns come in Black or Silver finish and are available in 6 different heights to accommodate different sized components and can easily be interchanged if your system changes.
Quadraspire Accessories: The Flat Foot (for hard/timber floors) & Spike Foot (for carpet) are included with all Quadraspire racks. Alternatively the Spike Foot can be used on hard/timber floors in conjunction with the optional Quadraspire Floor Protectors – the QC (good vibration resistance) or QX7 (amazing vibration resistance). If moving your equipment rack is important then the optional Casters can be specified.
- Quadraspire racks will improve the sound performance of any hi-fi system by filtering out resonances and allowing the music to flow.
- Quadraspire shelves are curved and the edges are chamfered to avoid parallel lines and reduce resonance.
- Quadraspire shelves have grooves or slots to lower mass and trap as little resonance as possible.
- Quadraspire columns are made from solid Aluminium so they don’t resonate in the way that hollow columns do.
- Quadraspire wood veneered shelves sound good but solid bamboo shelves sound better and are kinder to the environment.
- Quadraspire shelves and columns are available in a number of sizes to accommodate different sized pieces of equipment.
- Quadraspire racks are modular, so that they can accommodate a wide variety of systems and be easily reconfigured.
- Quadraspire racks’ performance can be further improved with Bronze upgrades that add an extra level of filtration.
- Quadraspire racks are designed and made in our own factory in the United Kingdom.
- Hear the difference a Quadraspire rack could make by trying a Qplus support under your equipment.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]