QED celebrates 50 years with a special edition speaker cable
QED celebrates its 50th anniversary in style, with the introduction of its Golden Anniversary XT speaker cable. Representing the culmination of five decades of dedicated and extensive research, engineering and audio expertise, Golden Anniversary XT speaker cable is the ideal upgrade for any hi-fi enthusiast who wants to experience the sonic benefits of a high-end speaker cable – but at a real-world price
Five decades of audio engineering pedigree
QED has been designing and engineering class-leading and award-winning analogue and digital cables for five decades – and the Golden Anniversary XT is the latest demonstration of the company’s expertise.
Quality Electronic Design (QED) was formed in 1973 by forward-thinking hi-fi enthusiasts, Bob Abraham and Ian Vine. The company is now considered the original cable brand, having released QED 79 Strand, widely recognised as the world’s first “specialist” loudspeaker cable. This product demonstrated how cables could have a tangible impact on audio performance.
QED’s Genesis Report on loudspeaker cable design followed. This research established scientifically proven principles, which are as valid today as they were 28 years ago and informs all QED cable designs, including the pioneering X-Tube™ technology that enables precise and consistent signal delivery across the entire frequency range.
- NEW X-Tube™ Plus technology combines X-Tube™ with Aircore™ to deliver an even, consistent performance across the entire audible frequency range.
- Ultra-pure Ohno Continuous Cast Copper and 99.999% oxygen-free copper conductor blend helps improve the signal path and signal retention.
- Low Loss Ultra-Uniform Dielectric insulation boosts efficiency and reduces signal loss.
- Airloc™ Forte banana plugs use a cold weld system for permanent attachment to the cable for improved contact area and reduced resistance.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]