QED is proud to introduce XT3 power cable, the latest in a new generation of audiophile power cables intended to complement its award-winning range of speaker cables and audio interconnects.
QED is proud to introduce XT3 power cable, the latest in a new generation of audiophile power cables intended to complement its award-winning range of speaker cables and audio interconnects. Having introduced some of the very first specialist speaker cables and with over 47 years of unrivalled engineering excellence in the field of audio-visual connectivity, no other company can demonstrate such relentless dedication to research and development combined with analytical listening tests.
The new cord set features a number of proprietary technologies applied with regard to objective scientific research and subjective evaluation, to bring an audible improvement in performance.
As a result of X-Tube™ technology being applied to the XT3 power cable, fewer distortions caused by modulation of the impedance of the cable will affect current flow to audio equipment and so are less likely to find their way into the music.
Without a cable such as this to supply clean, noise-free current, many amplifiers can sound glassy and hard with less ability to respond to musical transients, giving a lack of dynamics and weak bass performance.
Finally, with the quality assurance of a fully typetested design, XT3 can be relied upon to safely bring audible improvements to audiophile source and amplification components alike.
- QED XT3 power cables feature a specially adapted version of X-Tube™ Technology similar to that used in our speaker cables but specifically tuned to be appropriate for this new application. The braided individual cores in the live and neutral conductors are made small enough that they are not affected by the eddy currents from adjacent cores which help contribute to the proximity effect.
- Because they are effectively isolated from one another the carefully calculated twist rate of the strands means that no two conductors remain next to each other in the parallel configuration for more than a few millimetres, further enhancing the even current flow along the cable at all frequencies. The separate bundles are individually insulated using K130 PVC to control cable capacitance and provide the level of electrical isolation demanded by international safety standards, the whole arrangement is provided with a hollow LDPE core to control cable inductance. In this way the correct phase relationship between voltage and current is not altered by the cable parameters, further decreasing distortion when compared to an ordinary power cable.
- XT3 is designed to be as thin and flexible, and thus practical, as possible. Only the live and neutral cores have been given the X-Tube treatment described above – the earth core (required only under fault conditions) is left in a conventional geometry. And because X-Tube geometry enables the whole cross-sectional area of the cable to be kept to a tidy 1.5 mm sq, XT3 is supremely flexible and usefully slim despite its audiophile potential.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]
There are no reviews yet.