The ProLogue Premium was designed in Holland by Herman van den Dungen, and, like most audio products these days. According to Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio and PrimaLuna USA, PrimaLuna’s North American distributor, the engineering of the Premium began with a circuit design in which nothing was taken for granted, and the components selected are of a quality not normally seen in cost-conscious designs.
The ProLogue Premium has a number of specific, trademarked circuits designed to optimize performance and prevent damage to the amplifier in the event of a malfunction
- Hand-made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is equal to or
better than any product you can buy at any price.
- A heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish. Each coat is hand-rubbed and
- Premium parts that include a toroidal transformer for power supply; custom designed -in
conjunction with one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA- encapsulated
output transformers the quality of which fits nicely between standard ProLogue and DiaLogue
transformers; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; ALPS
volume control; Nichicon and Solen capacitors; superfast Philips-diode-circuitry; gold-plated
heavy duty WBT style speaker terminals (all speakerconnectors are solid shaft, without hole, for
better conductance, better sound and higher reliability); gold-plated panel mounted input jacks.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure
from thermal shock.
- A new generation Adaptive AutoBias™ exclusive to PrimaLuna. This circuit monitors and smoothly
adjusts bias constantly and instantly, reducing maintenance and increasing performance due to
the dramatic reduction in distortion. It comes with a new extensive output stage protection circuitry
with +B relay to protect output transformers, resistors and high voltage power supply in case a
tube fails. In all ProLogue Premium Amplifier models the new generation Adaptive Auto Bias
Board comes with our new BTI™ circuit. BTI™ stands for Bad Tube Indication (by LEDs), making
tube-life again a bit easier.
- The ProLogue Premium Integrated Amplifiers as well as the Stereo and Mono amplifiers come
with an EL34/KT88 bias switch. This means that with the flip of a switch you can choose for the
optimum bias setting for EL34 type of tubes or KT88 type of tubes. No hassle with screwdrivers,
no messing around with meters etc. Just switch tubes, switch bias!
- No more 12AX7 tubes in the ProLogue Premium range of products. Instead of a 12AX7/12AU7
combination in each channel, we use a double 12AU7 combination. Lower distortion levels, higher
level of sound quality. Distortion levels in the first stage have dropped with a factor of 5 at low
levels to at least 20 at higher levels, above 1V.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]