Genesis Silver Spiral is a speaker cable with a large cross-sectional area which makes for a very low resistance. This means that the voltage drop across the cable when in use will be so small that it will not have an audible affect on the frequency response of the loudspeakers – unlike cables with a much higher resistance. In addition this has the effect of helping to maintain the damping factor of the amplifier when compared to that measured using cables with a smaller cross-sectional area and therefore higher resistance.
Damping factor is a measure of the amplifier’s ability to accurately control speaker excursions – especially at their resonant frequency. If it is not allowed to do this effectively, distortion can be introduced into the program material. Genesis speaker cable allows the amplifier to accelerate and decelerate the speaker accurately – reducing distortion. Thus low frequency information in the program material is conveyed accurately to the speakers and bass notes sound tight and punchy with no tendency to become “boomy”.
Having a large cross-sectional area and reduced resistance would normally give rise to a corresponding increase in loop inductance (and therefore inductive reactance) due to the conductors being more widely spaced. Having a high self-inductance is not usually desirable in a speaker cable as it can affect high frequency performance and introduce an attendant phase shift at those frequencies (at the same time as decreasing the amplifier’s ability to correct high frequency distortion components appearing at the speaker terminals).
- QED cables above 2.5mm2 cross sectional area utilise air core technology to obviate the skin effect by bundling several separately insulated smaller cores together to make up a larger CSA. If these conductors are arranged around a hollow central core of polyethylene the self inductance exhibited by the cable can be reduced to around half that predicted by calculation.
UNIQUE TRIPLE CONCENTRIC SPIRAL GEOMETRY
9 BUNCHES OF SILVER PLATED 99.999% OXYGEN FREE COPPER CONDUCTORS
- Deliver exceptionally low resistance
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]