Our entry-level floorstanding loudspeaker, the Ovator S-400, is designed to deliver outstanding results in smaller rooms and with less ambitious levels of amplification than the S-600 and S-800. Equipped with Naim Audio BMR drive units and twin 165mm bass drivers, the S-400 employs much of the ground-breaking technology of its larger siblings.
It also features the same system of progressive decoupling. The plinth is isolated from the main enclosure by an innovative leaf-spring suspension system and the BMR drive unit itself sits in its own flexible suspension system, such is the attention to detail in getting the best possible sound.
The Ovator S-400’s balanced mode radiator (BMR) constitutes its most visible technological advance, yet the performance of this loudspeaker is equally the result of painstaking refinement in numerous elements of design, construction, and material selection.
For example, there is so much more to the musical reproduction of bass than low frequency extension, so the Ovator S-400 LF driver is designed not simply to play bass, but to do so with faultless musical accuracy. It incorporates a multitude of electro-acoustic details aimed at minimising distortion and compression, and the result is extended bass with peerless timing, dynamics, and pitch accuracy.
The Ovator S-400 crossover network is housed within the plinth and divides the audio signal between bass drivers and BMR with fourth order acoustic slopes at 700Hz. Each component selection is the result of intense technical analysis and listening, and the component arrangement is fundamentally informed by the layout and earthing techniques developed for Naim Audio power amplifiers. A crossover module suspension system and individual component decoupling ensures any chance of microphony is minimised.
- Twin 165mm bass drivers and 46mm Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR)
- Frequency response down to 36Hz, and up to 35kHz
- Ultra-rigid multi-composite enclosure, strategically mass-damped and internally sub-divided to provide optimum loading volumes for each drive unit
- Decoupling leaf spring suspension between die-cast plinth and enclosure to avoid low-frequency colouration
- Flexible rubber suspension built around BMR drive unit itself
- Available in Cherry and Rosewood
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org