Cabinet housed in a classical wooden box
- The elegant exterior of the D-380 is housed in a full sized wooden box (440mm in width) with a natural veneer finish and a stylish hairlined surface on the front panel. When used together with the similarly housed LUXMAN amplifiers such as the LX-380 vacuum tube integrated amplifier, the effect is pleasing.
The adoption of a filter embedded 32 bit DAC
- The D-380 is equipped with a Texas Instruments PCM5102A DAC chip that supports 192kHz/32bit processing and incorporates a high-grade buffer amplifier. The embedded digital filter allows 2 types of tonal quality to be selected and reproduced without issue by remote control operation.
Dedicated IC for jitter reduction
- To achieve an accurate playback of the music on a disc, not only does the clock to transfer the data need to be highly accurate, but also fluctuation on the time axis (jitter) needs to be thoroughly eliminated. To realise this, the D-380 is equipped with a dedicated jitter reduction IC to suppress distortion originating from jitter at D/A conversion and achieve the expression of high quality sound. In addition to this, the digital audio can be outputted externally via the coaxial / optical line terminals (output ‘off’ is also selectable by remote control operation). The option of expanding or upgrading the system in the future, such as adding a digital recorder or D/A convertor, is also available.
Large FL display
- The D-380 features a large, high quality, high visibility FL display with 4x zoom mode – a useful tool for remote operation from a listening position at distance from the system. The orange colour of the display takes into consideration the illumination environment of a listening room, whilst a dimmer (illumination switching) function can turn the display light off completely.
Thick aluminium mechanical base
- The D-380 features a left sided mechanism layout to accommodate the ideal flow for the sound signal and power supply as proven in the D series of SACD players. A new mechanical design has resulted in an 8mm thick solid aluminium base with a loopless and shielded box chassis to provide support for the drive mechanism and stability in reading the digital signal.
Dedicated aluminium cased remote control
- A stylish aluminium remote control is supplied with the D-380 enabling comfortable operation of the system from any listening position. The remote control allows the user to perform necessary functions such as the choice of various playback options, The articulator mode is also available by holding down the CLEAR botton to refresh the sound quality by demagnetizing the output transformer ofthe vacuum tube circuit.
Longevity of design
- The D-380 has been designed to be durable with sufficient margin built in for the operating voltage and the heat radiation of the vacuum tube.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]