The heart of any preamplifier is the volume control. If not executed properly, it can cause left/right channel imbalances and introduce subtle but tangible distortions at low volume. For this reason, Luxman created the highly regarded LECUA attenuator system. The CL-1000 refines that concept with LECUTA, the Luxman Electronically Controlled Ultimate Transformer Attenuator.
The Volume knob is a 34-step rotary switch that triggers 34 relays, located completely outside the signal path. In turn, the relays activate 34 taps on matching left and right transformers. These transformer taps set the volume in carefully calibrated steps. Because transformer cores can influence sound quality, Luxman engineers selected FineMet® core material from Hitachi Metals, Ltd. This has a unique nanocrystal structure for high saturation flux density, high relative permeability and low core loss. As a result, the CL-1000 delivers uncompromising sound, even at low volume.
External vibration is the enemy of vacuum tube audio reproduction. Under the surface, the CL-1000 chassis takes advantage of a comprehensive engineering program to fight even subtle distortions caused by air-borne or shelf-borne vibration.
- Triple-layer aluminum front panel. Reminiscent of Luxman’s classic C-1000, the front panel uses precision machining to unite three thick layers into one massive, anti-resonant assembly.
- Natural walnut cabinet with rosewood gloss finish. Additional protection from resonance comes from the elegant cabinet, which is covered in walnut.
- Cast iron isolator feet. Massive iron feet feature a density gradient to block and diffuse shelf-borne vibration.
- Rigid box chassis. The chassis itself forms an anti-resonant container with internal partitions helping to reduce vibration further.
- Internal rubber dampers. For added protection, Luxman isolated the circuit boards from the main chassis with special rubber dampers.
- Alloy input and output terminals. The RCA input and output jacks consist of an alloy that combines the conductivity of copper with the durability of brass.
- Gold-plated AC input. The AC input contacts are treated with non-magnetic nickel and plated with gold.
METICULOUS CIRCUIT DESIGN
While some are rediscovering the magic of vacuum tubes, Luxman has been making tube audio components without interruption since the company’s earliest days. The CL-1000 embodies this expertise, complete with refinements to take vacuum tube audio a major step forward.
- Super Permalloy input transformer. Because transformers can have a profound impact on vacuum tube audio quality. Luxman chose an input transformer with a high-permeability Super Permalloy core.
- Six JJ Electronic E88CC dual triodes. The CL-1000 uses two-stage PK NF amplification, with both the attenuator driver and the output stage built with vacuum tubes from JJ Electronic. Luxman selected E88CC dual triodes for superb reliability, low noise, attractive dynamics and a densely detailed midrange.
- Custom capacitors. Luxman couples the two stages with the company’s own, oil-impregnated capacitors. Originally developed for the MQ-300 amplifier, these help deliver satisfying music reproduction with superb current handling.
- Left/right Super Permalloy output transformers. The output stage features the sonic benefits of Super Permalloy cores in independent left and right transformers.
- Articulator function. Luxman’s deep experience with signal path transformers has revealed one downside: residual magnetic fields in the cores. For this reason, the CL-1000 oscillates and demagnetizes the transformer cores every time the owner turns on the power. For an even higher degree of sonic purity, users can perform manual demagnetization with the Articulator switch.
- Versatile MM/MC phono preamp. The CL-1000 accommodates both Moving Magnet and Moving Coil cartridges with an audiophile-grade phono preamplifier. Six-position switches on the rear panel enable users to optimize impedance and capacitance.
- Robust, stable power supply. To deliver the most demanding musical peaks without effort or strain, the CL-1000 power supply features large, independent left and right transformers and high-grade filter capacitors.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]