Cyrus CD players have a history of class-leading performance, but none have so consistently wowed critics as the remarkable CD i. Judged the best CD player for six consecutive years by What Hi-Fi? Magazine. The CD i is without doubt one of the most influential integrated CD players ever designed.
You’ve never really heard your CDs until you’ve listened to them on a CD i.
CD I – DESIGN PHILOSOPHY
- Our CD players are better because they generate far less background noise than most. We call this our SE or Servo-Evolution technology. The principle itself is quite simple. Usually the laser mechanism (servo) which reads the data from a disc makes tiny movements side to side quite quickly to re-read miss-read data – this create ‘servo noise’ and that impacts the ‘noise-floor’ limiting the quality of the sound output.
- The principle objective with our CD players is to extract the data on the disc as accurately as possible the first time – and that is only possible through some very careful design and calibration in both the hardware and software elements of the player.
- The CD i is our ‘integrated’ model in the range, including a built in ‘Digital to Analogue’ converter, converting that digital data into a beautiful analogue signal, using an extremely refined 32bit DAC.
- The circuit of the CD i has been designed in 2 discrete sections, allowing the product to be upgradeable through the addition of our separate power supply (the PSX R2). This addition completely isolates the DAC section of the product, improving timing and eliminating any intermodulation which can impact the delicate analogue signals output. Whilst not necessary for outstanding performance, this addition is a valuable upgrade for the serious audiophile.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]