Shunyata Research’s new Reference NR Line power cords were developed using the same materials science and technologies that make the Omega QR the market’s ultimate cost-no-object power cord. The Reference Line power cables are designed to be used with the worlds finest audio components.
There are three levels of performance in the Reference Line starting with the Delta v2 NR and Delta v2 XC models. The Alpha v2 is a level up from the Delta v2 and represents the best price-to-performance in the lineup. The Sigma v2 takes top honors in the line for those that must have the best. All three Reference models feature Shunyata Research’s exclusive VTX-Ag conductors that combine an ultra pure silver with a concentrically wound layer of OFE copper. This provides the speed and transparency of silver with the richness, tonal color and power of pure copper.
Using proprietary conductors and parts developed for the Omega QR, the Reference NR Series delivers pace-setting performance in each product category. Noise reduction technology and Shunyata Research’s own CopperCONN™ connectors propel the Alpha v2 NR cable to previously unattainable levels of performance.
Application: The Alpha v2 NR is an ideal power cable for source equipment like CD players, DACs, tuners, preamplifiers and it makes an excellent amplifier cable with its high-current conductors and exclusive noise reduction capabilities. The Alpha v2 XC is the ideal mate to the Alpha v2 NR to power your Shunyata Research power conditioner.
CopperCONN™ Carbon Fiber
- Shunyata Research has developed its own line of CopperCONN™ connects that feature true carbon fiber head-shells. The internal contacts are culled from solid OFE copper and feature a high-tension, spring-loaded contact for a vice-like grip. This contributes to a measurable improvement in DTCD™ performance and a correspondingly obvious difference in audible performance.
- CopperCONN™ connectors have a measurably lower contact-junction resistance and are hermetically sealed with an inert compound that protects the contacts and wires from corrosion. This also ensures that the wires cannot become loose, fray or pull out from the head shell. This guarantees a lifetime of reliable performance that does not degrade over time.
Kinetic Phase Inversion Processing
- Kinetic Phase Inversion Processing was developed by Caelin Gabriel after years of research into the underlying causes of various effects such as burn-in, wire directionality and the effects of cryogenic treatment. He discovered that there was an underlying core principle that burn-in and cryogenics only partially addressed. Once the governing principle was understood it became possible to create a processor that reduces the need for long burn-in periods and eliminates the effects of cryogenic treatment. Four-days of continuous KPIP™ processing dramatically reduces the sonic ups and downs associated with burn-in, delivering a relaxed and natural presentation.
Shunyata Research’s exclusive NR (Noise Reduction) technology is a multi-stage filter network that measurably reduces power-line and component-generated noise, producing better purity of tone and clarity. It delivers a stunning background of silence to recordings, allowing the listener to hear into recordings as never before. Every nuance of meaningful content is revealed, bringing to life music’s most consequential moments as if the performers are in the room with the listener.
DYNAMIC TRANSIENT CURRENT DELIVERY
- DTCD™️ Analysis is a technique that measures instantaneous current through low impedance electrical conductors and contacts. Shunyata Research uses it to optimize the design, specification and construction of parts and materials to ensure maximum current delivery performance. Each part, conductor, noise circuit and material allows for maximum throughput of instantaneous current.
- Listeners will experience earth-shaking low-frequency performance from even the highest-current amplifiers as well as dynamic contrasts unheard of outside of a live event. More than any other design parameter, Shunyata Research’s skill in eliminating resistance and maximizing peak-current delivery is unmatched.
- Shunyata Research’s ArNi®️ conductors are designed to be the finest quality wire available for power and audio purposes. They start life using the highest purity copper available – OFE C10100 (or Ohno single crystal). Then they are formed into “virtual hollow tubes” that we call VTX™️. The core of the conductor is completely hollow forcing the current to only travel through the periphery of the conductor, therby eliminating skin effects and random eddy currents.
- And finally, every ArNi®️ wire undergoes our proprietary KPIP™️ process.
- Shunyata’s VTX-Ag conductors are the product of a 25-year design progression steeped in credible science and definitive measurement.
- VTX-Ag conductors use an outer tube geometry of the purest form of copper, intended to bring out the purest tone and timbres of recorded instruments and voice. This VTX outer core of pure copper surrounds an inner core of the purest form of silver. This inner Ag core demonstrably improves macro-dynamics and creates an incredible three dimensional weight and timing in the lower octaves.
OFE Alloy 101
- Shunyata Research uses only the highest purity of copper available for the production of its wire products. OFE Alloy 101 or C10100 is the highest grade of copper with a minimum 99.99% purity and a conductivity rating of 101% IACS. OFE stands for oxygen-free electrolytic and supersedes the term OFHC (oxygen-free high conductivity). C10100 is the only grade of copper that comes with a written certification of purity.
Certified by ASTM F68 C10100
- Fluorocarbon dielectrics are usually only found in wire used in the aerospace industry, satellites and only the most expensive audiophile cabling. It has special electrical characteristics; very low dielectric absorption, high dielectric strength and exceptional heat resistance. When used in audio and power cables is reduces the perception of dynamic compression and it improves sonic low-level resolution and clarity.
- Crystal clear transient detail.
- Simple crimping, soldering, brazing and screws are all inferior methods of joining two wires or terminals together. Sonic welding uses high-energy sonic waves to literally join two metals together at a molecular level and cold-welding uses high-energy pneumatic pressure to bond metals. Shunyata Research uses both methods to secure connections that do not degrade over time.
- Shunyata Research’s proprietary Kinetic Phase Inversion Process includes four days of continuous KPIP™️ processing to dramatically reduce burn-in time and significantly improve sonic performance, delivering a relaxed and life-like presentation.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]