With the Stream Box S2 Ultra we have designed a completely new product in the streaming world. It features never seen control scenarios and unprecedented audio performance. Its main goal is to be a universal device that can get any USB DAC into the network, upgrading your favourite high-end DAC with modern and future proof streaming capabilities.
With the gaining ground of internet streaming services, such as TIDAL or Spotify, the consumer‘s interest has shifted towards network enabled devices. Many great sounding products though do not offer any network ability, either because they are too old or their main focus was not on this subject. The solution has often been to replace them with a new and modern device, stream audio via Bluetooth or to comprimise and use a smartphone or tablet via their analogue ouput to feed active speakers or amplifiers.
There never was a really good solution for the consumer. Untill now.
Stream Box S2 Ultra: the smart addition
- Stream Box S2 Ultra closes the gap, it offers modern connectivity with its network inputs and USB A output. This USB output is perfectionized for audio signals, it uses a dedicated internal power supply and only top audiophile grade components. You won‘t run into file-support issues, as Stream Box S2 Ultra acts as a network bridge, bypassing the files directly to your digital to analogue converter. Since most DACs only have one USB input, we have designed Stream Box S2 Ultra also to be a USB detox device. Simply connect your PC to the micro USB input of the unit and connect our DAC to the audio output. This way you can clean the noisy signal of your PC, while enjoying your music with it.
Our new remote control iOS and Android App is based on an opensource project and has a large community behind it. This guarantees full support and future improvements.
Stream Box S2 Ultra: feature galore!
- Stream Box S2 Ultra is fully remoteable via smart devices and a regular web-browser. It offers support for the most popular streaming services: Spotify and TIDAL. Both services offer you a sheer endless amount of music, guaranteeing you, that you never run out of music to listen to. By implementing Shoutcast, we also give you the option to listen to various internet radio stations. You can listen to your favourite radio shows, the news and discover new channels from all around the world – with just a few clicks.
- The back-sided HDMI video output lets you connect your monitor to the Stream Box S2 Ultra. It will then show you the graphic user interface, ready to act on your commands. With the implementation of Shairport we were even able to give the iDevice users out there another possibilty to send data to our Stream Box S2 Ultra.
- There are two USB inputs on Stream Box S2 Ultra, one front sided and one back sided. Both give you the possibi-lity to connect an external harddrive to the unit. Via one of the various control scenarios (App, Webbrowser, external monitor) you can pick from your own selection of audio. The file system support goes up to PCM 32bit / 352.8 kHz and DSD256.
- Here at Pro-Ject, we are big supporters of the Roon software, that is why we wanted the Stream Box S2 Ultra to be Roon Ready. This way you can simply pick your Stream Box S2 Ultra in the Roon interface and send bit-perfect audio streams to it over your network.
- This incredible feature set makes Stream Box S2 Ultra bullet-proof for all future events. Together with Pre Box S2 Digital they become the most versatile and audiophile set in its price class.
- High resolution network bridge
- Audio optimized USB A output
- Multi-room enabled
- Dual USB A input for external storage
- TIDAL supported
- Network-enables any modern DAC with USB input
- Internet Radio
- DLNA enabled
- Bypasses all audio formats to the DAC
- Cleans up the audio signal from a PC
- Roon Ready (in progress)
- Uses dedicated power supplies
- HDMI video output
- Controllable via smart devices and PC/Laptop
- New control app!
- Ethernet and WiFi connectivity
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]