Next-generation DDC sound-beaming technology leads the way in the smallest of the all-new Confidence floor-standers
The tricky thing about producing the best is that at some point you have to beat it. The good thing is that when you’re working with the team that created the original, the job becomes easier – and more fun.
So, when the new Confidence 30 three-way floor-stander rolled out of Dynaudio Labs in Skanderborg, there was much rejoicing. It tips an affectionate nod to Confidence models past while taking their innovations and their performance to the next level.
Like the rest of the range, the Confidence 30 features the brand-new Esotar3 tweeter . This takes lessons learned during the development of the award-winning Esotar Forty anniversary tweeter – including optimised airflow technology, a new neodymium magnet design and the ingenious Hexis resonance-busting inner dome – and takes things up a notch or three.
Also on board are two all-new 18cm NeoTec MSP woofers (which also feature powerful neodymium magnet systems and some intensely clever airflow tech); the new, ultra-stable, ultra-rigid Compex composite front baffle; a completely new 15cm midrange driver with the new airflow-correcting Horizon Surround ; the new down-firing bass port … and the next generation of the DDC (Dynaudio Directivity Control) sound-beaming technology, including the brilliant DDC Lens around the tweeter.
All the Confidence 30’s components (even the screws and gaskets that hold the baffle in place) work in perfect harmony as part of the DDC platform to vastly reduce floor and ceiling reflections while maintaining an accurate horizontal image. It means you can place the speakers in a larger space without needing room treatment, special rugs or ceilings or… well, anything. It just works. (Something you can learn more about in our six-part podcast series on the new Confidence).
And it means you hear only what the artist intended.
- We put Confidence through intensive –and exhaustive –testing in the Jupiter measuring facility at Dynaudio Labs. Hundreds of hours of analysis and listening have resulted in the best speaker we’ve ever created.
- The legend continues. The all-new Esotar3 is optimised for detail, finesse and performance. It includes the ingenious Hexis resonance-defeating inner dome, plus innovations in materials, airflow and more.
- Dynaudio Directivity Control, our sound-shaping technology platform, has been rebooted, revamped and refined to include the DDC Lens –a unique machined waveguide that focuses your music exactly where it should go: your ears.
For more information:
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Email : [email protected]