The Capri S2 features an impressive complement of standard input/output interfaces; greatly enhanced flexibility through its optional DAC card or phono option; and the Rowland trademark prismatic platinum faceplate beautifully integrated into a non-resonant chassis milled from a solid block of aluminum.
With an output impedance of only 80 Ohms balanced and 40 Ohms single ended, Capri S2 drives any amplifier with confidence. Whether serving a single-ended triode amplifier in a vinyl rig, or controlling a quartet of solid-state Rowland M525 monoblocks with a 192 kHz digital source, or at the nexus of a home theater setup, the Capri S2 preamplifier delivers the trademark Rowland musicality, resolution, and consistent authority.
- Balanced preamplifier design housed inside a low profile, compact, ultra-low resonance, structurally rigid chassis that is precision-machined from solid blocks of aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum that is completely sealed for trouble-free operation and high RF and EMI isolation. Features an elegant front panel precision-machined and sculpted with a diamond tipped cutting tool.
UNIVERSAL POWER SUPPLY
- Low noise, high-current, dual regulated switch- mode auto sensing and auto ranging power supply provides Capri with optimum performance at any world-wide mains operating voltage.
- All resistors are low noise, 0.1% thin-film type for extremely low thermal noise which complement the low-noise characteristics of the active circuitry.
FOUR-LAYER CIRCUIT BOARD
- All circuitry is populated on one side of a 4 layer circuit board to allow for continuous, unbroken, low impedance ground and power supply distribution planes. Care was taken to minimize signal path lengths and components sizes.
INPUT TRANSFORMER-COUPLING AND ISOLATION
- Transformer coupled input circuitry provides universal component compatibility and virtually eliminate ground loop noise and RFI/EMI. Transformer coupling ensures identical preamplifier overall gain when using unbalanced input adapters. Other benefits include ground noise isolation and excellent common mode noise rejection (CMRR) from all sources.
- Dual low impedance line-level outputs (80 Ohms balanced, 40 Ohms unbalanced), 48 Ohms balanced and unbalanced inputs, and preamp bypass inputs allow unprecedented compatibility with audio and A/V components, while optional high quality phono cards are available for compatibility with vinyl sources.
- Six-function remote control transmitter display dim, adjusts volume, input selection, mute, phase, and channel balance.
PRECISION VOLUME ADJUSTMENTS
- Dual rate volume control allows precision level adjustments over nearly a 100 dB range. The volume control incorporates a permanently noiseless optical encoder that always maintain its tactile feel, accuracy, and channel balance at all settings. The optical encoder mounted behind the volume knob commands the attenuation level of a monolithic resistor attenuator over a 99.5 dB range in 0.5 dB increments.
OPTIONAL PHONO CARD
- Plug-in phono cards (installed internally) converts Line Input 1 to high performance phono input. Three gain and loading options can accommodate moving magnet (MM), moving coil (MC), and high output moving coil cartridge types.
OPTIONAL DAC CARD
- Plug-in DAC card (installed internally) converts Line Input 1 to high performance DAC input. Accepts all SPDIF digital signal sources from 44.1 to 192 kHz sampling rates and adjusts accordingly.
HOME THEATER BYPASS ADJUSTMENT
- The Home Theatre BYPASS RCA inputs can be changed to an additional set of standard inputs by placement of an internal jumper inside the unit.
DISPLAY OFF (5 SEC)
- An internal jumper will place the display in an automatic OFF condition after 5 seconds from any operational command and illuminates again for 5 seconds after additional commands are initiated.
- All signal connectors are rhodium plated, copper jacks (RCA) and Neutrix silver plated contact (XLR), soldered directly to the circuit board for direct connection to the signal circuitry.
- Modest power consumption of mere 6 Watts permits constant power-up operation to eliminate warm-up time and maximize musical performance, and allows Capri to operate enclosed into an entertainment unit.
- 15 Amp female IEC AC power connector.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org