Xtension 9 S-Shape incorporates all our turntable design experience from more than 25 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 16kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on with thermo plastic elastomers (TPE). Additionally we’ve glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. Pro-Ject Xtension 9 S-Shape includes a top-class highend S-Shape aluminium tonearm and comes complete with a beautiful dustcover.
The top grade aluminium S-Shaped tonearm convinces with a harmonic, musical and engaging sound. Because of the detachable headshell it is very easy to swap out cartridges. For your daily use you can utilize an MM system and for the pure listening pleasure you can change to an MC system.
- Heavy 16 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
- Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- 9″ S-Shape aluminium tonearm
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]