Primaluna Evo 400 Integrated Amplifier
- Hand-made construction of a heavy-gauge, fully-vented steel chassis with a five coat finish, each coat hand-rubbed and polished, holding the finest point-to-point wiring, using workmanship that is normally only available at the highest price.
- Elegant style, heavy-metal remote controls.
- Premium parts that include toroidal and EI transformers for power supply; custom designed -in conjunction with one of the most prestigious transformer designers in the USA- encapsulated output transformers for lowest hum; wide bandwidth for great bass and extended highs; ceramic tube sockets; ALPS volume control; Nichicon and DuRoch capacitors; superfast Philips-rectifier-circuitry; gold-plated heavy-duty WBT style speaker terminals (all speaker connectors are solid shaft for better conductance, better sound, and higher reliability); gold-plated panel mounted RCA input jacks.
- Each EVO Tube Integrated Amplifier is as well a high-quality EVO Tube Headphone Amplifier!
- A 100% shielded Phono chassis for mounting our optional MM PhonoLogue circuit.
- SoftStart™ circuit for extended life of sensitive components, plus a reduced chance of tube failure from thermal shock.
- The newest generation Adaptive Auto Bias™ exclusive to PrimaLuna. This circuit monitors and smoothly adjusts bias constantly and instantly, reducing maintenance and increasing performance due to the dramatic reduction in distortion. It comes with a new extensive output stage protection circuitry with +B relay to protect output transformers, resistors and high voltage power supply in case a tube fails.
- The EVO Tube Integrated Amplifiers come with a High/Low bias switch. This means that with the flip of a switch you can choose for the optimum bias setting for EL34 type of tubes or KT88 type of tubes. No hassle with screwdrivers, no messing around with meters etc. Just switch tubes, switch bias!
- All PrimaLuna power transformers include the PTP™ (Power Transformer Protection) circuit. When the power transformer overheats due to environmental circumstances, overloading or some problem in the unit, an internal thermal switch breaks the primary, allowing the unit to cool down before harm is done. After it’s cooled, contact is restored and if nothing is broken, the amp will repower and function properly.
- LIVE side of the AC input connector indicated by aluminium color screw.
Dynaudio Contour 60 Floorstand Speaker (Made In Denmark)
If our designers loved working on the Contour 20 and 30, the Contour 60 was an even bigger ticket for them.
It’s a three-way design. At the bottom sit two brand-new 24cm MSP woofers (bigger, redesigned brothers of the 18cm drivers we’ve used in the Contour 20 and 30). At the top, like the jewel in the crown of every other speaker in the new Contour range, is the magnificent Esotar2 soft-dome tweeter.
Between them is a completely new 15cm midrange driver. Like the rest of our drivers it uses an aluminium voice-coil. It also deploys a neodymium magnet system, and was designed using Finite Element Method optimisation techniques. We set Daniel, Danny, Andreas and their guys to work on it because we wanted the Contour 60 to retain that signature midrange sound in a large cabinet, without having to repurpose an existing driver for a job it wasn’t designed for. They did an amazing job.
All the drivers are powered by low-mass, high-durability aluminium voice-coils. And the tweeter’s voice-coil sits – as they do across the Contour range – in a special magnetic ferrofluid. It works like a shock absorber and dissipates heat to reduce stress on the moving parts – which improves power-handling, widens the frequency response and … and now we’re just boasting. What it means for you, in your favourite room, listening to your favourite music, is consistent Contour quality, at neighbour-bothering volumes (if you’re the type), all day.
The Contour 60 shares the same redesigned crossover and components as the rest of the range – and, of course, has Allan Kristiansen’s seal of factory approval on the construction and finish (his team will spot even the tiniest defect and spend three weeks refinishing not just one, but both speakers so they’re identical as a pair. They’re really hard to buy office furniture for).
The new multi-layer curved cabinet and sleek-but-solid aluminium baffle provide your music (which was likely mixed using Dynaudio studio speakers, too) with a robust, defined acoustic foundation. So much so that, if we’ve done our jobs right, you’ll forget they’re even there and just listen.
- MS HD Power S20 V3 6 Way Filtered UK Mains Block (worth RM990)
- QED Reference Qonduit Power Cord 2m (worth RM995)
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]