300B single circuit configuration
- The MQ-300 is a stereo power amplifier with a single configuration 8W + 8W output. The highly reliable TA-300B (manufactured by Takatsuki Electric Industry Co., Ltd) is used as the output tube for the MQ-300 and is the only output tube that is made in Japan. The configuration of the driver section is 6SN7GTB (manufactured by TungSol) two-stage parallel connection and the output section is the direct heated triode TA-300B non-feedback single power stage connection. This results in a natural and attractive tonal quality with rich musicality that is characteristic of the TA-300B. A cathod-bias type is used for the output stage which has less change in characteristics due to heat or voltage fluctuation. The DC-ignition method for heaters that suppresses hum generation is used for the 6SN7GTB and TA-300B ensuring sound quality and durability.
Large capacity output transformer
- The orient cut-core large capacity output transformer with aligned magnetic fields as part of the output section supplies stable energy to the whole audio band even at the maximum power level. The logo nameplates inlaid on the top of the casings and the structure that is reminiscent of the classic OY type transformer produce a design with impact.
Output tube socket with floating structure
- The output tube socket section with decorative rings has a floating support structure made of PORON which has excellent vibration damping and heat resistance to control microphonic noise. For lug terminals for wiring, large-sized steatite parts are used to provide outstanding insulation, heat resistance and durability.
Independent right and left power supply circuits
- FINEMET* core material featuring low magnetic core loss and low magnetic distortion is used for the choke coil to achieve the expansive and natural sound quality. Complete independence of the right and left of the rectifying tube that includes the secondary winding of the power supply transformer, choke coil and block capacitor achieve high level separate performance.
High rigidity aluminium chassis
- For vacuum tubes design where electrons fly about, external vibration and resonance can be great enemies that can interfere with sound signal transmission. The MQ-300 combats this with a high rigidity chassis structure that combines a 1.6mm thick steel chassis, 2mm thick bottom board and a 12mm thick top panel to block such vibrations.
Rectifying tube and voltage amplifier tube
- The Sovtek indirectly heated tube, the 5AR4 is selected as the rectifying tube, featuring low internal impedance and excellent regulation resulting in the gentle start-up of the power supply and thereby prolonging the life of the vacuum tube. A highly reliable TUNG-SOL 6SN7GTB that can withstand a high voltage load is used for the voltage amplifier tube.
High grade large size terminals
- The MQ-300 is equipped with 4/8/16 Ω independent. 16 Ω dedicated terminals are suitable for connecting vintage speakers. Copper alloy input terminals, that combine the conductivity of copper and the hardness of brass, as well as gradation cast iron legs suppress any external vibrations.
Coupling capacitor and cathode resistance
- LUXMAN’s proprietary oil capacitors are used as coupling capacitors for connecting circuits resulting in smooth sound quality. Dale non-inductive metal clad resistors are used for the cathode resistances on the output stage to avoid inductive components that may have a harmful effect on transmission signals.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]