Stylish thin body with pointer type analog meters
- The EQ-500 is housed in an elegantly thin chassis that can be mounted easily on a control amplifier. Stylish pointer type analog VU meters with a sensitivity selection switch monitor the output levels and sit on the blaster white front panel alongside a variety of additional control switches to create the sound close to your taste.
Optimizing the cartridge load adjustment
- The EQ-500 features a load capacity selection function from which 6 levels (0/50/100/150/200/300pF) can be selected according to the characteristics of the cartridge to be used. Com bined with the load impedance selection function (30k to 100k ohms continuously variable) the original potential of the cartridge can be fully exploited.
- All main control functions can be operated from the front panel of the EQ-500; articulator function (cartridge demagnetizer), 3 position gain selection, unbalanced/balanced output selection, phase invert, monaural mode, low cut and high cut switches.
An all-stage vacuum tube phono equalizer to suit diverse and specific tastes
- The phono equalizer amplifier plays a unique role as part of an amplification system with respect to the characteristics and delicacy of signals. Because of this uniqueness, phono equalizers have been designed using various kinds of circuit methods and elements and have captivated the interest of enthusiasts for whom the detail of the sound is paramount. The EQ-500 is equipped with the circuit technology and musical essence inherent to its predecessor, the E-06 from LUXMAN. First launched in the 1980’s, the E-06 is still a highly respected masterpiece of the CR type. This renowned circuit technology has been newly improved in the EQ-500 and uses vacuum tubes for all of the amplifier elements to bring the spirit of analog sound inscribed on the vinyl discs into life.
Vacuum tubes manufactured by JJ Electronic in Slovakia
- The vacuum tubes specified for the EQ-500 are manufactured by JJ Electronic in Slovakia and have a reputation for high quality and superior performance. The characteristics of the gold plated ceramic tube sockets are ideal due to their solidity and low contact resistance. A stable voltage can be supplied to the amplification circuit using a rectifying tube and a choke coil.
Large output transformer and 4 units of MC transformers
- A large-capacity output transformer as well as MC step up transformers each playing a critical role in determining the sound quality and performance are made of super permalloy that particularly enhances the response to small signals. In addition, 4 units of MC step up transformers are mounted for MC-HIGH, MC-LOW, right and left independently.
Original custom built parts
- The coupling capacitors that have been chosen for the EQ-500 are manufactured by Mundorf in Germany, world renowned for their ‘Audiophile’ tenacious tonal quality. Original custom built components are abundant in the design of the EQ-500 ensuring the ultimate in sound quality and reliability for each circuit including OFC internal wiring.
- The high-rigidity insulator legs carved from solid block aluminium to suppress any vibration reaching the internal circuits of the EQ-500.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]