LUXMAN’s vacuum tube amplifier legacy
- Since the launch of our SQ-5A vacuum tube integrated amplifier in 1961, we have continued making vacuum tube amps without a break. We have produced many models that are highly valued as signature models and satisfied music lovers are enjoying them to this day, even several decades after their release. The CL-38uC and MQ-88uC combine LUXMAN’s history of producing fine vacuum tube products and the traditional wisdom and skills gained along the way.
The essence of high-end products: selected high quality components
- Due to their relatively simple circuitry, vacuum tube amplifiers are greatly affected by the quality of individual components, hence we utilize LUXMAN’s own high-quality transformers and blocking capacitors. Further customization comes in the form of Nichicon made, high voltage, metalized polypropylene film coupling capacitors, which have been introduced for their supple, natural tone. Improved audio quality has been realized by shortening the internal wiring.
Reviving designs from the golden era of vacuum tube amplifiers
- The CL-38uC control amplifier and the MQ-88uC power amplifier are based on the latest technology and design, but the exterior styling evokes a classic image from the heyday of vacuum tube audio products. The CL-38uC is modeled on the CL-35, released in 1970, and the MQ-88uC is modeled on the MQ-60, released in 1969. A classic front panel design should be functional, but also beautiful, achieved by careful selection of knobs and lever switches. Listeners can appreciate such traditional design features, with their nostalgic flavor, whilst enjoying these contemporary, high performance audio products.
Long life and reliable design
- Each CL-38uC control amplifier and MQ-88uC power amplifier undergoes a final performance check after a 48 hour aging process following assembly. We have selected JJ Electronic (Slovakia) vacuum tubes for these models as they are renowned for their reliability, long life and the ease with which they operate at vacuum tube amplifier voltages and heat dissipation conditions.
Standard size chassis in traditional wooden case
- We have retained the outer wooden case, as it represents the tradition of the 38 series. The chassis has been expanded to a width of 440mm which is the standard size for current LUXMAN products. The internal chassis acts as an omnidirectional shielded metal enclosure. In order to prevent magnetic flux leakage and eliminate noise, the toroidal power transformer and choke transormer have integral shielded cases.
Elegant construction with SRPP circuitry
- The CL-38uC’s SRPP circuitry, used for the phono equalizer section, tone control section and amp section, ensures a flat frequency response and has other advantages, such as a low output impedance (300 ohm), low distortion and extended vacuum tube life. The elegant construction of such a control amplifier in a dedicated enclosure allows us ample space to mount a full complement of vacuum tubes inside, realizing clear and accurate musical expression and enviable sound quality which we feel will attract many music lovers and enthusiasts.
New features, balanced inputs and various controls
- The CL-38uC’s balanced input terminals have dedicated transformers, improving integration with other high-end equipment. The built-in phono equalizer circuit is compatible with MM and MC cartridges and is equipped with step-up transformers for MC cartridges an independent left & right two step gain selector. The three-position switchable crossover frequencies for bass and treble tone controls enable the listener to fine tune the signal to the desired tonal character.
Dedicated remote control
- The CL-38uC comes with a compact aluminum remote control, making it easy to control the volume smoothly from your listening position.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]