- The 82DAC QXR is a standard 82DAC with the new QXR digital card pre-installed. This new card improves the sound quality across all the digital inputs, increasing the possible input resolution to 32bit/ 768k (DSD 512) through the USB connection. Using a new ESS-based DAC, we have also introduced a new ‘reclocking’ process across all the digital inputs, to reduce jitter and lower the noise floor, as well as allowing a much shallower filter slope than ever before, virtually eliminating phase interference in the audible band (an approach only previously possible with noisy FPGA DAC solutions).
- “the QXR version, the 8.2 DAC sounds clear, dynamic and musical, offering power and control that allows it to drive even demanding sound transducers and provide rich volumes without losing its agility and transparency.”
THE 8₂ DAC – DESIGN PHILOSOPHY
- The 82 DAC and its sibling the 6 DAC are conceived to be the hubs to your entire audio system. The aim was usability, simplicity and refinement. Supplied with the full iR14 remote control unit, it’s possible to connect almost every analogue and digital source through this highly competent unit.
- The bi-wire output of the 82 DAC gives a full 88 Watts into 6 ohms – enough to drive even the most demanding loudspeaker loads. To ensure the highest standards of quality, the power supply is a high current design that uses two transformers to completely separate the digital control stages from the sensitive audio signals – an approach usually reserved for pre/power combination amplifiers.
- The 82 DAC features a high performance 24/192 DAC with optical and coaxial inputs and a driverless USB connection for plug and play connectivity to a PC or laptop.
- In the QXR version, in which we use a new ESS-based DAC, as well as allowing input resolutions up to 32bit/ 768k, we have also introduced a new ‘reclocking’ process across all the digital inputs. This substantially reduces jitter and lowers the noise floor, as well as allowing a much shallower filter slope than ever before. This process virtually eliminates phase interference in the audible band (an approach only previously possible with noisy FPGA DAC solutions).
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]