Cocktail Audio X45 Music Server + DAC
The X45 is a World-Class High-resolution Audio Player and DAC, which is featured by Dual Sabre³² Reference DAC chips built-in,CD Ripper, Music Server, Network Streamer, Music Recorder, and much more.
Features of Hardware and Engineering
- Equipped with high-performance Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 processor running at 1.0Ghz
- Dual ESS ES9018K2M Sabre³² Reference DAC chips built-in separately for right and left channels
- 16 Core Microcontroller with Advanced RISC Architecture for high performance USB DAC function
- USB Audio Class 2.0 Output built-in to connect an external USB DAC
- Isolated power source circuit design for digital and analogue parts
- Toroidal transformer to minimize idle noise
- High speed optical disk drive for quick CD ripping
- Phono Input(Moving Magnet) for turntable
- 7 inch TFT LCD(1024 x 600 pixels) screen for intuitive GUI
- DAB+/FM Tuner built-in
- Giga Fast Ethernet(10/100/1000Mbps) built-in
- Support up to 8TB(Tera Bytes) storage like 3.5″/2.5″ hard disk or SSD
- Rugged chassis contruction with 13mm thickness aluminum front and knobs with CNC cutting
- HDMI Out connector for an external screen like TV as its GUI screen or audio signal out
ProAc Response D2R Ribbon Bookshelf Speaker
ProAc Response D2R Speakers is a ribbon tweeter version of the flagship D2, hugely popular high-quality stand-mount monitor which combines an exceptional midrange with great weight and scale even after 15 years of production.
ProAc’s new ribbon tweeter version retains the current bass driver and incorporates a new Stewart Tyler crossover design to flawlessly integrate the drivers. The new cabinet aperture is routed differently from the original dome tweeter cabinet so the D2R cabinet is designed to accept both types of tweeter.
Luxman MQ-88uC Tube Amplifiers
LUXMAN’s vacuum tube amplifier legacy
- Since the launch of our SQ-5A vacuum tube integrated amplifier in 1961, we have continued making vacuum tube amps without a break. We have produced many models that are highly valued as signature models and satisfied music lovers are enjoying them to this day, even several decades after their release. The CL-38uC and MQ-88uC combine LUXMAN’s history of producing fine vacuum tube products and the traditional wisdom and skills gained along the way.
The essence of high-end products: selected high quality components
- Due to their relatively simple circuitry, vacuum tube amplifiers are greatly affected by the quality of individual components, hence we utilize LUXMAN’s own high-quality transformers and blocking capacitors. Further customization comes in the form of Nichicon made, high voltage, metalized polypropylene film coupling capacitors, which have been introduced for their supple, natural tone. Improved audio quality has been realized by shortening the internal wiring.
Reviving designs from the golden era of vacuum tube amplifiers
- The CL-38uC control amplifier and the MQ-88uC power amplifier are based on the latest technology and design, but the exterior styling evokes a classic image from the heyday of vacuum tube audio products. The CL-38uC is modeled on the CL-35, released in 1970, and the MQ-88uC is modeled on the MQ-60, released in 1969. A classic front panel design should be functional, but also beautiful, achieved by careful selection of knobs and lever switches. Listeners can appreciate such traditional design features, with their nostalgic flavor, whilst enjoying these contemporary, high performance audio products.
Long life and reliable design
- Each CL-38uC control amplifier and MQ-88uC power amplifier undergoes a final performance check after a 48 hour aging process following assembly. We have selected JJ Electronic (Slovakia) vacuum tubes for these models as they are renowned for their reliability, long life and the ease with which they operate at vacuum tube amplifier voltages and heat dissipation conditions.
JJ Electronic KT88 output tubes
- The KT-88 output tubes used in the MQ-88uC, made by JJ Electronic, are known for their power and rich sound quality. The triode configuration employed achieves longer vacuum tube life and a highly transparent timbre that vacuum tube amps are known for. The paralleled first stage feeds a driver stage featuring performance proven Mullard circuitry. For the final stage, we have adopted a Mullard compatible push pull configuration to achieve an output power of 25 Watts per channel at 4, 8 and 16 ohm with very low distortion.
Independent speaker terminals for 4, 8 and 16 ohm speakers
- The MQ-88uC has independent 4, 8 and 16 ohm speaker terminals to better match with and bring out the best abilities of any kind of speakers, allowing powerful music reproduction with very low distortion. The unit features a variable input (volume adjustable) mode in which the signal bypasses the input section, connecting a source device, such as a CD player, directly to the output section.
Output transformers and power supply
- Output transformers play an important role in determining the sound quality and performance of a vacuum tube amp. LUXMAN’s classic amplifier products featured OY15 type output transformers with die-cast aluminum housings. These have been redesigned and reproduced with the original shape. The power supply section features a highly stable El type power transformer in tandem with custom designed blocking capacitors yielding steadfast sound quality and excellent drivability.
New exterior finish
- The main chassis of the MQ-88uC has a dark brown finish, different to the black finish of the MQ-88u. We feel this finish better matches our products with wooden exterior cases. The hairline finished aluminum top panel and matt black aluminum die-cast power transformer housings make for a harmonious match, fine quality and beauty being important to our designs.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Contact : John Yew 016-2861000
- Email : [email protected]