The new Performance HDMI cables are our most flexible yet.
Built upon the experience we have gained
from designing our previous eFLEX cables, we have been able to further reduce the diameter of this
HDMI cable to improve its flexibility, yet maintain its capability to transmit 4K60 video.
High Speed with Ethernet
- QED always connected the Audio Return Channel (ARC) even before it was a requirement of the HDMI organisation and since the introduction of the HDMI 1.4 Specification in 2009, we have focused only on manufacturing the highest standard ‘High Speed with Ethernet ‘cables. This policy has enabled us to immediately support the new HDMI 2.0 standard introduced a few years ago and certify our cables for 4K60 use.
- With the introduction of the HDMI 2.0 standard in September 2013 the maximum data rate of the HDMI link increased from 10.2Gb/s to 18Gb/s. This was to accommodate the new uncompressed 4K 60Hz video standard (termed 4K60 4:4:4) which required a data rate of 16.06 Gb/s. In order to achieve this, the source and display equipment at each end of the cable have also to be 2.0 compliant. However the cabling physical layer remained unchanged and this is still the case for version 2.0b introduced in March 2016.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) support was also introduced with HDMI version 2.0. With HDR equipment there is a greater contrast ratio and more brightness steps to give a smother picture and more detail in both bright and shadowy areas. A related technology usually associated with HDR is Wide Color Gamut (WCG), which offers an expanded colour palette.
- The new cable range has been designed to be as thin and flexible as possible. Gone are the days of large bulky HDMI cables and the new Performance range is characterized by a sleek black livery with a maximum diameter of just 6 mm to ensure that it is suitable for use with the slimmest TVs.
- In reducing the cable diameter we have not compromised on the purity of the conductors we use, which are still made from 99.999% Oxygen Free Copper.
- The new range comes in lengths 1.5m, 3.0m and 5.0m.
For more information:
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org