Definitive Technology pioneered the concept of “powered towers” by incorporating powered subwoofers into Bipolar floor-standing speakers, dubbing them “SuperTowers.” The BP-8040ST is a third generation BP SuperTower and makes use of a new patent-pending approach to bipolar speaker design called Forward Focused Bipolar Array. The BP-8040ST SuperTower is the crowning achievement of over 20 years of research and development to create the perfect balance of style, convenience, and performance in a floor-standing loudspeaker.
The Most Advanced Technologies for the Most Advanced Performance
- The BP-8040ST delivers a combination of Forward Focused Bipolar Array technology for rich life-like, room-filling, three-dimensional sound, built-in SuperCube technology powered subwoofers for lightning-fast, earthshaking bass, and the latest generation of patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) midrange drivers–all housed in a rock-solid, attractive enclosure.
Bipolar Technology Brings Performances to Life in Your Home
- With bipolar speaker technology, each speaker incorporates two sets of drivers–one facing forward and the other facing to the rear–so that the speakers radiate sound both forward and rearward, just as sound is produced in real life. Forward Focused Bipolar Array technology is Definitive’s patent-pending improvement to the original Bipolar design. It’s a new ground-breaking technology that provides you with a lifelike balance of early-arrival sound from the front facing drivers and reflected delayed sound from the rear drivers for a lush, three-dimensional soundstage. This combination creates a huge soundfield which is rich, warm, ultra clear and vibrantly alive for every listener in your room.
The Subwoofer System Will Rock Your World
- The dual built-in 8″ powered subwoofers achieve dramatically better blending, integration and timbre accuracy than could ever be achieved with separate subs. The brawny 300-watt Class D amplifier features an integrated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) that equalizes the woofer system to extend and smooth the bass response for seamless high performance. The bottom line is the BP-8040ST’s bass will rock your world like no other speaker anywhere near its price and size.
Why Built-In Powered Subwoofers Are Better Than Separate Subs
- Besides eliminating the need for a floor space-hogging separate subwoofer, integrated subs offer dramatic performance benefits. Besides having simply more bass output, two subwoofers in the room reduce “standing wave” room resonances that create bass “dead zones” in the room. With two ST-8040STs you’ll enjoy high impact bass throughout the room.
Patented Technology Delivers High Definition Mids and Highs
- Each BP-8040ST features a D’Appolito front array consisting of two cast-basket 3-1/2″ second generation BDSS midrange drivers surrounding a 1″ pure aluminum dome tweeter housed in an acoustically isolated sealed enclosure. The drivers feature Definitive’s patented Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) technology that supports the speaker cone at both the inner and outer edges allowing longer, more linear excursion for greater clarity and finely textured inner detail.
- A new patent pending Linear Response Waveguide smoothes off-axis frequency response and disperses sound over a wider area for crystal clear intelligibility for every listener in the room. The tweeter is a pure aluminum dome, which has been heat-treated to relax the crystal structure and then coated with a ceramic to produce extended highs that reveal nuance and shimmer without a trace of edginess. The rear array uses a single identical BDSS driver and the same 1″ aluminum dome tweeter as used in the front array. Like the front array, the rear array is housed in a separate sealed MDF enclosure to isolate the midrange drivers from the woofers’ influence.
Solidly Built, Resonance-Free Enclosure
- The tapered front of the enclosure serves to make it appear slimmer while also enhancing sound quality by minimizing cabinet diffraction distortion. The decorative high gloss end cap and bottom panel add elegance to the matte black tower the way satin piping adds dash to a tuxedo. Each BP-8040ST occupies a mere 1 square feet of floor-space (including stabilizer feet), leaving plenty of room for furnishings.
- But the enclosure’s most important job is to be totally inert and resonance free so as not to color the sound. A second layer of heavy MDF inside the cabinet prevents the drivers from imparting vibration to the rest of the enclosure. The sealed midrange enclosures also serve to provide bracing for the side walls while MDF cross braces near the woofer further stiffen the system.
- Contact : Dicky Ng 012-3308893
- Email : email@example.com